There are many reasons to blend. Some include:
- Blending can make expensive fibers go further, keeping a luxurious feel to the finished yarn.
- You will save time by blending fibers to make it easier to spin.
- You can improve the strength to your yarn by blending a fragile fiber with a wool. You will get the best features of each type of fiber.
- Blending can change the look and feel of the yarn.
- You can create special effects in your yarn.
Before you make the decision to blend, ask these questions:
- Why do you want to blend the fibers?
- What do you want your finished yarn to look like?
- What type of yarn do you want, bulky, smooth, etc.
- What will the yarn be used for?
- Do you want a blend with obvious color differences, or one solid blend?